Sunday 21 December 2014

Devon: The wild and beautiful

 I had an invite from a friend to visit her over the Christmas holidays and so I decided to take her up on it and headed out to sunny old Devon.

The south of England is a beautiful place to visit, full as it is of sweeping coastline, desolate moors, pristine woodland and quaint pubs to relax in with drink in hand.

After a long and slightly delayed journey I arrived in Totnes and spent the night relaxing, listening to music, catching up and having drinks with my friend and her partner before heading to bed.

In the morning she took me down to a paddy where she kept her horses and together we went for a ride. It was my first horse riding and I have to say after I got over my initial nerves from getting on a horse for the first time I began to really enjoy myself. In between ducking and dodging past holly and persuading/pleading with my horse to occasionally slow down we managed to complete the ride successfully.

Afterwards I took the chance to explore the local woods behind the stables and after scrabbling through the tree ended up getting some great shoots of the setting sun through the trees.

We got some food at a cozy local pub before heading over to a friends house to have a night of hilarity playing board games and drinking wine. I went to bed that night in high spirits with the promise of the Dartmoor moors on the horizon tomorrow.









No comments:

Post a Comment