Monday 28 September 2015

Standing in Lunar's light

The moon has always been a potent mystic symbol, in Buddhism it is the throne upon which Tara sits, in Hinduism it is the jewel on Shiva's brow, in Christianity it is a symbol of chastity and to the greek pagan it was the goddess selene who was all seeing and all wise and an enemy of strife.
I've always felt the pull of the moon, a strange energy that made me want to run wild and dance and celebrate under its glowing light. It was for this reason that I set out last night to capture this feeling, this energy through the lense of my camera. As last night was not only a supermoon but also the night of a lunar eclipse.

I followed its etheral light through trees, across roads, under street lamps and into abandoned parks all to capture its intense glory. The world through my camera went from blue to black to yellow to orange to gold. And still I could only capture a fraction of its glory, this moon and its light.

Maybe I'll always be drawn back to the young man I was, standing outside surrounded by the beauty of nature on a cold crisp autumn night, being bathed in Lunar's light.








No comments:

Post a Comment