Sunday 18 October 2015

The colours of decay

For me autumn is a time for the beautiful and slow creep of decay as the season ticks slowly over into the depths of winter. The leaves change colour and sweep off the trees, the air becomes crisp and cold and wind and rain lash member of the public poor enough to be caught without an umbrella on their commute to work.

It was this sense of colourful decay that I set out to capture with my camera today. At first I was setting out to capture the changing of the season through the subtle shift of nature in the urban world, but as usually when I actually got halfway through taking pictures the emphesis had begun to change.

I grew fascinated by the disintegrating posters that had peeled away to leave layers of vibrate colour behind, the rusted garage doors now covered in metallic street art and the vibrate graffiti scrawled over the streets of Cardiff.

Entropy had caused the world to drip and melt with a rainbow of hues and shades. And what I had come out to photograph had changed, instead of the natural oncoming of autumn I had caught instead the urban world's vibrate colours of decay.









No comments:

Post a Comment