Monday 5 January 2015

Abstract landscapes

Creating landscapes isn't something I get to do much in the city. With the rare exception of the down the bay, I find it difficult to find the open spaces I need to compose them.

With a recent trip to the countryside I had the perfect excuse to do this however. But because my last set of pictures had been more realistic I decided to experiment by creating a series of much more impressionistic images.

By setting the camera to a five second exposure and gently shaking the camera or moving it to side to side I was able to create images of flame filled fields, musical cities, dancing lights and Van Gogh inspired starry nights.

I was in Glastonbury again and by using this technique I felt I was able to capture and cast an air of mystery and magic over the town befitting this land of myth.





No comments:

Post a Comment